Job title: Apprenticeship Coordinator
Reporting to: Apprenticeship Project Manager – FTA Ireland
Location: Dublin – field based
- Report to the Apprenticeship Project Manager – FTA Ireland
- Work closely with the Apprenticeship Project Manager – FTA Ireland and report on progress and development of interest in the apprenticeship to the Commercial Driving consortium steering group (CSG) & the Logistics Associate Apprenticeship
- Lead employer and apprentice interest in the programme
- Provide structured reports to the Apprenticeship Project Manager on prospect for registrations to the programme in 2023 & 2024
- Work to the targets as laid down by the 2 year plan
- Increase number of employers in the haulage, freight distribution & logistics sector interested in the ‘Transport Operations & Commercial Driving Apprenticeship & the Logistics Associate Apprenticeship
- Increase number of apprentices in the haulage, freight distribution & logistics sector interested in the ‘Transport Operations & Commercial Driving Apprenticeship & the Logistics Associate Apprenticeship
- Report on development and progress to the Apprenticeship Project Manager and the Commercial Driving consortium steering group (CSG)
- Provide administrative support for both the Logistics Associate Apprenticeship & the Transport Operations & Commercial Driving Apprenticeship
- Liaise with stakeholders to promote apprenticeship objectives particularly to promote the benefits this industry led initiate that promotes career development, progression to other qualifications and will attract younger people and women into the industry
- Develop presentations and promotional materials to be showcased at events attended by employers in the sector, teachers and school and students for example, FTAI TMS, School Summit, College events, ETB events, Young Scientist exhibition World Skills, Higher Options
- Deliver presentations to teachers, students and parents on the programme.
- Meet existing FTAI members and promote the benefits of the apprenticeships.
- Periodically organise briefings and work with the management team of FTAI to plan these events on an annual basis.
- 2023 target is to have 40 new apprentices registered on the programme and 65 apprentices in 2024.
- Support FTAI in delivery of training and auditing
Essential Skills & Attributes
- At least 2 years’ experience in the freight distribution and logistics sector
- Ability to engage with the employers and students in the promotion of the new apprenticeship programme.
- Ability to work within a team environment and promote the interests of the team to the benefit of the Apprenticeship Programme
- Minimum of Level 6 qualification in Business, Supply Chain & Logistics disciplines
- Very strong presentation skills with good knowledge of Powerpoint and Microsoft 365
- Ability to work and engage with stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and articulate in written and oral communications objectives and benefits of the transport operations and commercial driving apprenticeship and drive towards higher professional standards and compliance, within the freight distribution and logistics sector.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with decision makers and influencers with all transport stakeholders.
- A thorough understanding of the commercial fleet transport market in the island of Ireland.
- The role holder should have a flexible attitude with regards to their working hours. This role is field based and includes frequent travel and overnight stays.
- You may be required to perform other duties commensurate with your role/level.
Your offer letter and/or Statement of Employment Particulars state the office to which you are first appointed
Health & Safety: FTA expects all staff to maintain a positive attitude to health and safety in carrying out all responsibilities and to cooperate with the Health & Safety Policy and Codes of Practice relating to Health & Safety.
Equal Opportunities: FTA is committed to providing a non-discriminatory and harassment free working environment for all its employees.
Customer Care : It is essential to provide the highest standard of service at all times when dealing with members and colleagues.