Job Title: HGV Multi Drop Driver Apprentice
Department: Distribution Department
Location of Work: Frylite Solutions Dublin, St. Annes, Cloughran, Swords.
Hours of Work: 45 Hours Per Week- Monday-Friday. Occasional Saturday work will be required. Includes 1 day per week of online learning for completion of the Transport Operations & Commercial Driving Apprenticeship during term time.
Driving is within the Island of Ireland only.
Reporting To: Depot Manager
About the apprenticeship
- The award for this apprenticeship is a higher certificate (NFQ level 6) in transport operations & commercial driving.
- Earn as you learn.
- Paid on the job experience.
- Gain your C+E HGV driving licence.
- Career opportunities.
- One day per week online college participation.
Key Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- It is the responsibility of drivers to ensure efficient day to day performance of their duties and to ensure that all deliveries made to customers’ premises are carried out in a safe and hygienic manner.
- Ensure vehicles are kept clean.
- Ensure only clean and undamaged buckets of fresh oil with a legible date are loaded and delivered.
- Ensure UCO producers sign delivery dockets incorporating declarations at time of UCO uplift.
- Operate when required the handheld devices to record sales and collections to assist with onsite invoicing of customers.
- Ensure all UCO containers are visually inspected before acceptance.
- Responsible for washing of Frylite Solutions vehicles.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the Depot Manager.
- Reporting of accidents, near misses, injuries, and spills is integral and demonstrating strong compliance and safety first by carrying out vehicle checks ensuring your vehicle is fit for purpose and secure always.
- Hold a Full Clean ‘B’ Driver Licence
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Meet medical requirements for driving
- Must have completed leaving certificate OR be over the age of 23 OR hold a QQI level 5 or 6 (or equivalent) in a relevant subject.
- Must be willing to undertake a 2 year commitment
- Can demonstrate how you have lived Frylite Solutions Values in previous roles (Relationships, Respect, Work Ethic, Excellence, Success) to lead positive and progressive distribution.
- Good geographical knowledge of the road networks of surrounding counties to Depot would be advantageous.
- Ability to demonstrate how you can be flexible to accommodate variable start and finish times, and occasional Saturday work.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good communication skills
- Experience of using hand held devices
- Knowledge of food hygiene rules
Apply with your CV to Roxanne at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1st.