ATC are now recruiting a Commercial Driving Apprentice
Job Description: Commercial Driver Apprentice
ATC is a European logistics, white glove, and technical services specialist for data centres. Our focus is on anticipating the critical needs of our clients and delivering industry-leading standards for safety, security and reliability. Since being established in 1979, we have continued to lead our dedicated teams across Europe to build strong relationships with our clients.
Our mission is to deliver and install Europe’s data centres with precision and care. We achieve this by focusing on our team and our services:
• Our Team – Powered by people to keep data centres moving safely and securely. We recognise that our greatest strength is our staff, which is why we promote a culture of personal development and professional training, both internally and from leading industry bodies.
• Our Services – We provide a range of specialised services tailored to the individual needs and demands of each client, their equipment, and their data centre infrastructure.
From managing specialised computer transport, and IT relocation services, to logistics and planning, and data centre commissioning and decommissioning; we adapt our 40+ years of expertise to every situation.
ATC operates in a dynamic global market where clients demand a service that is right first time, every time; we are recruiting motivated and driven people to work in a company that is Driving Forward
- The Commercial Driver Apprentice will work as part our transport team which operates on our delivery routes across Ireland, the UK and Europe.
- The Commercial Driver Apprenticeship is linked to the Commercial Driver Apprenticeship program run in conjunction with Institute of Technology Sligo (ATU Sligo) and a consortium of industry leaders. This is a 2-year apprenticeship, comprising of a 1-day (per week) release to a 3rd Level institution during normal college semesters, leading to a QQI Level 6 Higher Certificate in Business in Transport Services. The successful candidate will be trained to perform tasks efficiently and to a high standard, in accordance with standard operating procedures. After training, the successful candidate will ensure all deliveries and requests are dealt with promptly and professionally. S/he will be responsible for the welfare of the transport vehicle as well as the load it carries at any one time.
Role Requirements & Responsibilities
The Commercial Driver Apprentice will rotate through areas and functions of the business in a structured way to develop their skills across the business. Areas of expertise and responsibility will include:
• To collect and deliver products in line with agreed schedules
• To reporting to Operations Manager throughout the day
• To complete all Digital and Manual documentation in line with company and client procedures
• To ensure all documentation are kept up to date and shared appropriately (i.e., amend on the spot if job order changed)
• To ensure high levels of customer service are maintained at all times
• To always act in a professional manner with clients and colleagues
• To adhere to all regulations regarding the performance of duties including but limited to staff uniform, performance standards
• To follow route and time schedules as defined, and to notify any changes immediately
• To load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate the delivery vehicle and to notify any issues immediately.
• To ensure all documentation for warehouse/haulage/distribution/shipping is accurate
• To perform and implement general administration daily.
• To comply with all tachograph requirements as set out and amended from time to time
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time -to-time in line with your skills and competencies.
ATU Sligo Candidate Eligibility Criteria
All applicants must:
• Hold a Full ‘B’ Driver Licence
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Meet medical requirements for driving
• Meet one of the following programme entry criteria:
o H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
o Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc.) can apply for entry onto year 1 of the programme o A mature candidate, over the age of 23, who does not hold qualifications as set out above, but who:
- Has a minimum of two years’ experience working as a commercial driver
- Recommended by their employer, and
- Demonstrates the correct attitudes, behaviours and literacy skills.
ATC Candidate Requirements:
Ability to be flexible in respect of work standards and demands. Capable of working under pressure at times and to strict deadlines. Ability to complete tasks. Resilient and able to deal with changing priorities. The successful candidate will be required to possess and demonstrate:
• Ability to commute/relocate to Dublin, Dublin, CO. Dublin: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
• A willingness to learn about the upkeep and maintenance of the heavy goods vehicle
• A strong willingness to learn new routes and work closely with the Planning team
• Be passionate about delivering superior customer service.
• Learn how to operate in a fast-paced white glove service provider – serving world class global tech companies.
• Be results driven, with a “can-do” attitude.
• Display strong written and verbal communication skills.
The following qualifications, skills and experience would be an advantage.
• A working knowledge of a European language.
Compensation & benefits:
The Commercial Driver Apprentice role carries a base salary benchmarked against the living wage index and is a twoyear fixed term contract. At the successful completion of the contract, including successful completion of the apprenticeship, the candidate is eligible to apply for a permanent position. ATC provides a range of benefits to employees and apprentices:
• Salary – Benchmarked to the living wage. For apprentices starting in the 2022/23 academic year, the salary is €26,201.50.
• Progression – In year 3, CDA graduates may apply for a full-time position with competitive industry salary, pension, and other benefits)
• Course fees – TU Dublin course & registration fees may be reimbursed, subject to exam/academic performance, with 100% reimbursement for the highest grade, and pro-rata if lower grades are achieved.
• Sports & social club – with regular events taking place throughout the year.
• Hybrid working environment
Training will be provided for all workplace systems and procedures. A workplace mentor together with the L&D Coordinator will guide the Logistics Associate Apprentice through their work placement and provide input into other relevant aspects of the course and career development.
• To register your interest, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• For more information on ATC Computer Transport and Logistics visit: http://www/atc-logistics.ie
• For more information on the apprenticeship program visit: https://cdap.ie