DPD Ireland are now recruiting a Commercial Driving Apprentice
Job title: DPD Ireland are now recruiting a Commercial Driving Apprentice
Reporting to: DPD Ireland are now recruiting a Commercial Driving Apprentice – FTA Ireland
Location: Dublin – field based
- DPD Ireland – over 36 years of delivery expertise. Seen as one of the key innovators within the parcel delivery field, DPD’s technological developments like real time, online track and trace, Predict™, DPD Parcel Wizard™ and the DPD Ireland App, have completely revolutionised how parcels are delivered. Constantly focused on the evolving needs of customer and consumer, DPD leads the field in parcel delivery technology.
The Commercial Driver Apprenticeship is linked to the Commercial Driver Apprenticeship program run in conjunction with Institute of Technology Sligo (ATU Sligo) and a consortium of industry leaders. This is a 2-year apprenticeship, comprising of a 1-day (per week) release to a 3rd Level institution during normal college semesters, leading to a QQI Level 6 Higher Certificate in Business in Transport Services. The successful candidate will be trained to perform tasks efficiently and to a high standard, in accordance with standard operating procedures.
ATU Sligo Candidate Eligibility Criteria
All applicants must:
- Hold a Full ‘B’ Driver Licence
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Meet medical requirements for driving
- Meet one of the following programme entry criteria:
- H7/O6 or above in five leaving certificate (or equivalent) subjects. A minimum of grade O6 must be obtained in English. A minimum of grade O6 or a B2 or above in Foundation level must be obtained in mathematics.
- Holders of a QQI Level 5 or Level 6 (or equivalent) in cognate areas (e.g. business, logistics and distribution, supply chain management, etc.) can apply for entry onto year 1 of the programme o A mature candidate, over the age of 23, who does not hold qualifications as set out above, but who:
- Has a minimum of two years’ experience working as a commercial driver
- Recommended by their employer, and
- Demonstrates the correct attitudes, behaviours and literacy skills.
- Apply online Click Here
- For more information on DPD Ireland : https://dpd.ie/