Title: HGV Driver Apprenticeship
Reports to: Transport Manager – Ireland
Greenergy is a multi-national fuel, service station and renewables supply company. Its core business in Ireland is the importation, distribution and sale of fuel and convenience products in Ireland. These products are sold to a wide range of customer channels, including industrial, commercial, agricultural, domestic, wholesale and forecourt retail. Greenergy acquired Inver Energy in 2017 and acquired Amber Petroleum in 2021. The company has a network of over 125 branded forecourts operating under the Inver and Amber brands. The company also has two home heating oil depots in Acres Fermoy and Horse and Jockey.
Amber Petroleum Ltd part of the Greenergy Group is delighted to support the Transport Operations & Commercial Driving Apprenticeship (CDAP). This 2-year programme is suited to those who want to pursue a career in commercial driving and want to learn about the wider aspects of the role of the commercial driver.
The programme will be delivered using a blended learning approach, with apprentices attending lectures 1 day per week online with ATU Sligo with the remaining 4 days spent embedded in our transport teams.
All CDAP apprentices will be assigned a workplace mentor who will guide the apprentice through their journey. Mentors are experienced Transport professionals with valuable industry experience, who will also be trained by ATU Sligo to carry out this important role.
Upon successful completion you will achieve a Higher Certificate (NFQ level 6) in Business in
Transport Services as well as a C/CE driver license.
- Following H&S protocols
- Ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety, Road Safety, Quality and ADR requirements.
- Operating commercial vehicles, including rigid trucks and tankers
- Driving long or short distances.
- Multi drops and depot to depot runs.
- Planning delivery schedules and routes with the transport manager.
- Supervising or helping to load and unload goods.
- Overseeing the safety aspects of the working environment and making sure that they are upheld and renewed accordingly, as and when needed.
- Evaluating the dangers of the location and judging the different methods, as and when the situations demand
- Agreeing to the protection rules and policies in transporting, handling, and supplying procedures and methods of fuel oil
- Reading the measuring instruments and metres in order to record the readings and quantifying the goods loaded and drawn.
- Accountable for the total sum dropped and supplying commercial documents to the customers.
- Documenting the required and important readings and quantities of the truck and commodities respectively in the driver’s log.
Performance Bonus KPI Bonus up to 5% of base Salary
Paid Holiday Leave 22 days
Location Fermoy Office-Depot
Subsistence Paid at Revenue Rates
Please email a CV and cover letter to Mary Spillane at Mary.Spillane@greenergy.com
The closing date for applications is Friday June 30th.